Window Channel Reed Switch - Up To 1/2" Gap - Ribbed - 3/8" Recessed w/ Cable Leads - Closed Loop - 10 PackNPNB-MC2120-12-W
Window Channel Reed Switch, Up To 1/2" Gap, Ribbed, Recessed w/ Cable Leads
This ribbed Reed Switch, designed to complete a multi-task role, is a unique combination of special features and materials. The unusual ribbed outside diameter permits a secure mounting over a wide range of drilled hole sizes. The installer does not have to glue this recessed switch into a slightly over sized hole, as the flexible ribs conform as it is pressed into the wood. Self adjusting to fit the larger hole, it also centers itself to the overage of the miss-drilled hole. Picked especially for the these switches, a new material with enhanced memory properties allows the ribbed "O" rings to flex enough to fit an undersized hole but still maintain a firm holding force in an over sized hole.
This mix of features yields an additional bonus in that it provides a high degree of protection from crushing, such as that encountered when wood swells or headers shift. Finally, for installations utilizing an angled wire path away from the hole drilled for the switch barrel, this reed switch merely needs to be aligned with one flat side along the path drilled for the lead wire and press fit. The ribbed rings, not being continuous, simply adjust to the wire and allow for an easy and quick install.
Combined with Rare Earth Magnets which were especially designed to be mounted in the track of aluminum windows or sliders. It fits most aluminum tracks and has grippers to hold the magnet in place. Easy installation with no drilling required. Just be sure to look at the arrow polarity. The arrow should point toward the switch.
Note: Closed Loop or "normal closed" means the switch is closed when magnet is in close proximity.
- MC-25 1/4" x 1/4" x 1/8" rare earth magnet mounts in track of aluminum windows & sliders
- Channel magnet fits most aluminum tracks
- Magnet may be compressed to fit channels from 5/16" to 1"
- No drilling required for magnet Installation
- Grippers hold magnet in place
- Arrow on magnet marks polarity
- Standard gap up to 1/2"
- 1/2" recessed press fit magnetic switch
- Plated contacts resist sticking or freezing
- 12", 36" or 72" 22 AWG leads
- Hermetically sealed
- Closed loop
- Made In U.S.A.
- Color: white
What's in the box?
What's in the box?
- Qty 10 - Ribbed magnetic reed switches
- Qty 10 - MC-25 1/4" x 1/4" x 1/8" rare earth magnets for window channels